- Course details
- The PADI open water course is PADI’s first Diver certification level.
- In the PADI Open Water Diver course, your PADI Instructor takes you through the basics of learning how to scuba dive. You start in a pool or pool-like conditions and progress to the open water (ocean, lake, quarry, etc.) getting the background knowledge along the way.
- Earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification is just the beginning. As a certified diver, fabulous dive destinations, exciting people, unparalleled adventure and uncommon tranquillity await you. And, as you continue your adventure and gain experience through higher training levels, your opportunities expand. Becoming a diver opens a door to a whole new world. Open yours and step through.
- Unlike many dive centre we believe training groups should be small, it’s less cost effective on our parts but greatly enhances the learning experience for the student diver. At Open water we will have a maximum of 4 Student divers per instructor and teaching assistant. Learning to Dive should not just be about money, we want to ensure that all the divers we certify are safe and ready to dive without major supervision.
- Materials You’ll Need: PADI Open Water Crew-Pak, PADI Open Water Video or DVD, Log Book which is all provided by us and included in the price.
- Equipment you’ll use during the course includes: mask, fins, snorkel, tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator, submersible pressure gauge and exposure protection as required by the local environment.
- The only other cost is your Dive Site entry fees which are currently £12.00 per day plus membership fee at Capernwray. Medical Form, please review
Payment is £100.00 deposit and balance by week 4. Alternatively you can pay in full and take £25.00 off the price.
- Self study option, which includes manual and DVD, comprised of 5 modules and knowledge reviews.
- 2 Classroom sessions where key safety aspects for each module are discussed, knowledge are reviewed and a quick quiz for modules 1-4.
- a final exam while be at the end of module 5.
- Number of Dives: Five Confined Water Dives and Four Open Water Dives
- Pool Dives are provided at Fenton Manor Sports Centre from 7:15pm on a Friday evening, however, we can with prior knowledge schedule for other nights or weekends.
- All open water dives are conducted at Capernwray, near Lancaster, junction 34 of the M6. (map)
Current Special: £425.00Usually £425.00 - All year round
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/37/d642857154/htdocs/wp-content/themes/edna-clsu2013company/single.php on line 58